Waverly Child Care & Preschool
Reports to: The Board, Waverly Child Care & Preschool
Status: Full Time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
All employees must be cleared and allowed to work in a child care setting by the Iowa Department of Human Services, by completing a State of Iowa Criminal Record Check and Federal Fingerprinting, updated as needed. Waverly Child Care & Preschool is an EOE Center.
The General Manager will promote, develop, and grow Waverly Child Care and Preschool’s (WCCP) community, systems, and processes to facilitate extraordinary positive childcare learning services for the community of Waverly and surrounding areas. Oversight will include all administration; the hiring process for administrative staff; marketing; technology; fund-raising; building and ground maintenance; and finances.
A bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, business, human resources, or a related field along with 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
The General Manager position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality, self-motivation, management skills to guide the program in a fiscally responsible manner, strong community building skills, basic knowledge of marketing and website development and maintenance, an understanding of the fund-raising process and willingness to attend community events as appropriate. In addition, the General Manager must be able to effectively lead others, manage one’s time and the time of others, and prioritize activities.
Marketing and Administration
- Create and implement a marketing strategy to promote WCCP, the staff, and the community
- Guide and inform families and the community about our childcare services
- Create and improve workflows, processes, and systems
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to improve procedures for registration and enrollment of students with the goal of accepting as many children as our licensing allows
- Oversee technology and the maintenance of the WCCP website, ensuring that information is always clear and timely, and that the website improves as new and appropriate technology becomes available
- Create and maintain a budget for WCCP, including any future capital projects
- Create and sustain an on-going fund-raising process
- Research and apply for any grants that may be applicable to WCCP
- Oversee the maintenance of the building and grounds
- At least two days prior to each Board meeting, provide the WCCP Board with monthly overviews of financial, administrative, marketing, fund-raising, buildings & grounds, and community outreach
- Attend Community events and join appropriate committees and/or boards
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to plan and implement a school year calendar for families and staff, in coordination with the local school system
- Be proactive, take initiate, add value
Staff Development and Supervision
- Encourage, support, and provide opportunities for team building and collaborating
- Supervise and oversee the work of the Administrative staff by conducting an annual evaluation for each person, collaboratively setting goals for each, and reviewing progress toward those goals
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to develop and maintain a staff handbook of rights, responsibilities, and expectations, reviewing and revising as necessary and appropriate at least annually
Community and Family Outreach
- Develop opportunities to promote WCCP to potential families and the community, participating in community engagement as appropriate
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to plan, guide, and participate in an enrollment plan which offers families tours of WCCP and opportunities to ask questions before enrolling their children.
- Provide virtual options for families who need them or as required by the center as part of safety precautions during unforeseen circumstances
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to offer families an annual survey and the opportunity to respond to questions about their satisfaction with the programs, curriculum, and daily practices/routines at WCCP; document these responses and use them to guide future planning
Communicate verbally in-person, by phone, and by written means, typing, visual acuity, and eye/hand coordination. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Paid training
Schedule: Flexible to meet the demands of the Center, normally Monday-Friday during the day, but also requires some evenings and weekends related to monthly Board meetings as well as community engagement
Work Location: One location
Waverly Child Care and Preschool is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click link for Job Application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com