Website Waverly Child Care & Preschool
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: Executive Director of the Waverly Child Care and Preschool
Supervises: Bookkeeper position.
Status: Full Time, Salaried position
Position Summary: Basic functions for the position include oversight of internal controls, stewardship of WCCP resources, back-office fund raising administration financial reporting, and project management.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and submit financial reports to the Executive Director and the Board
2. Be the custodian of all financial and accounting records of WCCP
3. Prepare and submit other reports to the Executive Director and the Board as requested
4. Attend all board meetings, unless excused
5. Oversee payroll for employees and file necessary state and federal payroll reports
6. Oversee and assist in the completion of all payroll reports including 941’s and W-2’s
7. Establish and enforce a review and approval process for all invoices and payments to vendors
8. Oversee deposits and recording of income for all funds
9. Oversee the billing process
10. Review bank reconciliations monthly
11. Develop and monitor all accounting procedures in WCCP
12. Oversee the investment portfolio and handle cash management needs of WCCP
13. Manage WCCP’s insurance and benefit programs
14. Review all business operations and implement process improvements in an on-going manner
15. Oversee petty cash
16. Maintain regular, on-going communication with the Executive Director and the community
17. Complete and submit a proposed annual budget to the Executive Director and the Board
18. Work out agreements and contracts as assigned by the Executive Director of WCCP
19. Oversee the process related to receiving and recording gifts
20. Supervise Bookkeeper Position, including leading, training, motivating, and completing an annual performance appraisal.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field. Competence in use of personal computer, spreadsheets, accounting software, computer networks, email.
Preferred: Three years of supervisory and accounting experience.
Qualifications: Requires the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality, ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision, strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy, dependability, positive attitude that supports a team environment, and attend community events as needed.
Normal office activities.
Sitting 50-75% of time
Walking moving 25% of time
Lifting up to 20 lbs. routinely, 40 lbs. rarely.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org