Waverly Child Care & Preschool
Reports to: Director of the Waverly Child Care and Preschool
Supervises: Bookkeeper position.
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Date Created: September 2020
Position Summary: Basic functions for the position include oversight of internal controls, stewardship of WCCP resources, fund raising management, and financial reporting
Performance of these functions is the reason the job exists. They are essential for one or more of the following reasons:
- The number of employees available to perform the function is limited.
- The function requires specialized skills.
- The function occupies a large percentage of time.
- Failure to perform the function may have serious consequences.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to the Director and the Board.
- Be the custodian of all financial records of WCCP.
- Prepare and submit other reports to the Director and the Board as requested.
- Attend all board meetings, unless excused.
- Oversee payroll for employees and file necessary state and federal payroll reports.
- Complete all payroll reports including 941’s and W-2’s.
- Review and approve all invoices and payments to vendors.
- Deposit and record income for all funds.
- Review bank reconciliations monthly.
- Develop and monitor all accounting procedures in WCCP.
- Maintain records on all Child Care employees.
- Oversee and monitor sick, family illness, personal leave for all employees.
- Oversee the preparation of employment letters.
- Oversee the investment portfolio and handle cash management needs of WCCP.
- Manage WCCP’s insurance and benefit programs.
- Keep accurate accounting records of WCCP.
- Maintain and oversee petty cash.
- Maintain regular, on-going communication with the Director and the community.
- Complete and submit a proposed annual budget to the Director and the Board.
- Work out agreements and contracts as assigned by the Director of WCCP.
- Oversee the process related to receiving and recording gifts
- Supervise Bookkeeper Position, including leading, training, motivating and completing an annual performance appraisal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field. Competence in use of personal computer, spreadsheets, accounting software, computer networks, email.
Preferred: Three years of supervisory and accounting experience.
Qualifications: Requires the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality, ability to be self-motivated, work without supervision, strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy, dependability, positive attitude that supports a team environment, and attend occasional community events as needed.
- Normal office activities.
- Sitting 50-75% of time
- Walking moving about 25% of time
- Lifting up to 20 lbs routinely, 40 lbs rarely.
- Interaction with children – as needed but rarely.
To apply submit a cover letter, resume and three references to the email address revealed by the application button. You can address questions to the same email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com